Registration for the WVPA Spring Conference and Business Meeting is now open!
You may register online at https://www.treatment-innovations.org/store/p195/4-27-18-WV through April 24, 2018. Mailed registrations will be accepted, but must also be received by April 24, 2018. Onsite registration is available only if space permits, as seating is limited.
WVPA President’s Message: Welcome New and Returning Members!
The West Virginia Psychological Association leadership team would like to invite you to join or renew your membership in this vibrant and valuable organization! 2018 will bring many changes and improvements to this dedicated group of professionals. We are kicking off the year with our Membership Drive, with the goal of rejuvenating our membership and increasing our engagement among colleagues. I want to challenge each WVPA member to bring on a new member – if you do so, we will offer special recognition at our events!
To improve efficiency, membership renewal notices will be sent out via email, unless you contact the WVPA office at 304-345-5805 or email email@example.com. The easiest way to renew your membership is to visit our website at http://wvpsychology.org/product/wvpa-membership-registration/. You may choose to submit your dues electronically using PayPal or a credit card. Alternatively, you may print out the dues renewal form and mail it to WVPA with a check. If you are new to our organization, the Board of Directors will review your application and respond quickly.
Still not convinced to join or renew your membership in the West Virginia Psychological Association?
- You will stay current and competitive by attending our cutting-edge education conferences in the spring and fall with member discounts. Conference programs and sessions are carefully selected to match the needs of clinicians and trainees in WV, including required education in Ethics and Veterans issues. We are piloting a new conference structure in the Spring 2018 by bringing an internationally known speaker to discuss Substance Abuse and Trauma in Huntington on April 27, and opening to many behavioral health professions. In some cases, the member conference discount more than pays for your annual dues!
- You will rest easy knowing your profession and your patients are protected through our federal and state legislative advocacy efforts. Every piece of legislation introduced in the 2018 West Virginia State Legislature will be reviewed by psychologist volunteers on the Federal and State Advocacy committees. We also lobby around issues of import to the profession and our patients. Psychologists need a voice at the Capitol, and WVPA provides this service.
- You will take advantage of outstanding opportunities for career and personal growth through our work with students and early career psychologists, association committee service, and leadership opportunities. Volunteering time and energy to WVPA will not only add a line to your CV, but also allow you to give back to your profession and patients.
- You will make connections with colleagues through our listservs, membership directory and conferences. There are ample opportunities for interfacing with students, teaching and learning, research mentoring, and fellowship. In the age of “online CE’s”, WVPA provides an opportunity to unplug and network with colleagues during board meetings, committee work, lobby days and conferences.
- You will grow your practice and improve your cash flow through our web-based referral system. Consumers who contact WVPA will be directed to psychologist members in their area who match with their needs.
- Finally, you have access to quality and timely information through our public outreach programs, our award-winning newsletter and our web site at www.wvpsychology.org.
On behalf of the Board of Directors and leadership team of the West Virginia Psychological Association, I invite you to help us energize this organization by becoming a member today!
Jess Luzier, Ph.D., ABPP; 2018 WVPA President
Jocelyn Burum, Psy.D.; Executive Director